Add new screen
You can add screens by clicking on the Add screen button on Summary tab.
You have to set 3 informations about the new device.
- First you have to choose the license order type of the device.
- Second input field is the device ID which can be seen on the screen after the application install.
- Third input field will be the name of the device.
About device context menu and managing the screen
Manage Screen options
In the manage screen option you will find everything you want to set up on your device.
- Set option:
- You can Bind a data row and Bind datasource for your device. More informations: Datasources.
- You can set time zone on your device with the Set time function.
- With Set automatic reboot function you can set a time, when the device have to reboot itself. More informations about Set automatic reboot.
- With Set license function you can modify the license type of the device.
- Lock screen function will make Wallboard application system and home app on Android devices. On Windows devices it will lock down those options you selected during installation.
- Set update version limit function blocks the update on Android devices. You can set a version number to prevent the android to update itself upper that number, or you can completely block any update on the device. You can clear this limit on the device anytime.
- With Install application function you can send an url of a .apk file to the device, and after the device completed the download it will install the application.
- With Move to client function System administrators can move a screen between Clients in the Wallboard system.
- Move to group function can move the device to a device group.
- With Move to server node, System administrators can move a screen between Wallboard servers.
- With Remove screen function you can reset a screen, or remove a screen. Reset screen just removes the stored data on the device and removes from the System. Remove screen removes the screen from the System and also removes the application from the device.
Content actions on screen
- You can assign your content by dragging over to your screen.
Or click on Assign content option. On the appearing modal you can select the content you want to assign to the device.
- You can Assign emergency content to the device here. If you set your device into emergency state, it will start to display the emergency content.
- With Load page function you can send an URL of a website to the device to display it.
- Clear cache function is removing the cached files from the device.
- Pre-cache a content or loop function pre download the selected content’s files to the deivce.
Other options in device context menu
- In the Manage tags option you can add or remove tags on the device.
- Screen info option opens a modal which contains informations about the device.
- Screen analytics opens the Analytics tab, and loads in the analytics informations about the device.