- Make sure you have an empty storage device connected to your player (SDCard Class 10 SDXC). It must be formatted using FAT32 or ExFAT.
If the storage device is not empty the install process will not work!
- Make sure the players Ethernet cable is connected so the player can obtain an IP address.
- Factory reset the player using this guide: https://brightsign.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218065977-Performing-a-factory-reset
- Connect to the Diagnostic Server of your player:
- Remotely: If you have a BSN Cloud account you can connect to your device through the internet: https://bsn.cloud
- Connect your player to the same network as your computer
- Find the IP address of your player: if you don’t know the IP address, start your player without the SD card, and the IP address will be displayed on the screen
- Open the player’s IP address in your browser
- Log in with the username admin and the password is the Serial Number written on the bottom of your player
- Update the firmware of your device to the latest version:
- If you have version 7.x or 8.0.x or lower follow this guide: https://brightsign.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218066817-How-do-I-update-the-OS-Firmware-on-a-BrightSign-player-
- If you already have 8.1+ firmware version you can update on the Advanced page:
- Set up the local time of the player on the Info page:
- Configure your WiFi if needed
- Download the Wallboard Client application from the Editor under Settings / Downloads:
- Unzip the .zip file to your SDCard (Class 10 SDXC)
- Turn on the player and enter a server URL that you wish to assign the screen to.
- If the connection with the server is established you will see a four digit long unique identifier code in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Editor on the Home page add your screen with this 4 digit code:
- Assign a content to the screen by dragging it over the player on the Home Page:
Please note, that BrightSign devices use our application and cached contents from the external SD card, so it is important to select a fast and reliable card. Our internal tests comparison:
|Kingston SDCS/16 GB||Calculate||0.07|
|Kingston SDCA3/32 GBSP||Calculate||7.53|
|SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 16 GB 98 MB6s A1 Class 10 UHS-I||Calculate||0.12|
|SanDisk Extreme micro SDHC 32 GB 100 MB/s, A1, onj.c. 173420 Class 10 UHS-I V 30||Calculate||0.08|
|SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC 32 GB 100 MB/s A1 Class 10 UHS-I V30||Calculate||0.11|
Technical comparison of BS devices:
|CPU:||ARM Cortex-A15 (single core)||ARM Cortex-A15 (single core)||Broadcom 7278 Quad Core Bramha53||ARM Cortex-A15 (dual core)|
|CPU Frequency:||873 MHz||1503 MHz||1719 MHz||1719 MHz|
|Memory:||1GB (DDR4-2400 DRAM)||1GB (DDR4-2400 DRAM)||2GB (LPDDR4-3200 DRAM)||3GB (DDR4-2400 DRAM)|