How can we help?
Setup your soccer scoreboard step-by-step
In this short article we will show you, how can you setup your soccer scoreboard easily.
- You will need 2 content for it:
- One internal datasource
We will have 3 pages like on the picture.
- Team selection
Let’s do this step-by-step.
Default (start page)
On the first page (Default), we will have 2 pictures and 8 buttons.
We connect our internal datasource to the pictures.
and the pictures below, we set 4 buttons for switching between them.
We set “Call API” actions to increase or decrease the index of pictures or set the half-time start.
In addition to these, there will be 2 more buttons for “reset all data” and go to the “Controller” page.
For “reset all data”, we need “set internal datasource” webhook action with a JSON with standard data.
The “Controller” button has a simple “jump to” action.
As you can see we have a lot of buttons. (Total of 27). It looks complicated, but it isn’t.
- We set on score buttons an increase or decrease webhook. (home, visitor, shots on goal, save…etc.)
- The Signals and gifs navigate us with popup action to the signals page.
- The Start Match / Add overtime / Start half-time buttons will have some function. (hide, show, send event)
- Start Match: We set to this a Call API (with ‘start‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Pause button.
- Pause: We set to this a Call API (with ‘pause‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Start Match button.
e.g. Start Match button:
- Start half-time: We set to this a Call API (with ‘halftime‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Stop half-time button.
- Stop half-time: We set to this a Call API (with ‘halftimeEnd‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Start half-time button.
- Add overtime: We set to this a Call API (with ‘addOverTime‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Hide overtime button.
- Hide overtime: We set to this a Call API (with ‘hideOverTime‘ event sent) and two Show/Hide actions to hide this and show the other Add overtime button.
- Stop match: We set to this a Call API (with ‘stop‘ event sent) and three Show/Hide actions to hide Pause, Stop half-time, Hide overtime and
show Start Match, Start half-time, Add overtime buttons.
We set the 13 signal button (or as much as you want) with Call API action which is to send an event to Scoreboard with the button’s name.
We need to connect datasource properties with text widgets for scores.
Also, we editing the sensor event for API calls.
All of them similar to each other, but need to change them for each controller button.
For the “start” event we use Execute action batch with 2 actions. (The others will be similar, so we will no longer detail this.)
Inside in the action batch
Here, we look for the period number because we need to change the start time when the second period starts.
(of course, we hide this when the stopper reaches the end / or we want to hide it manually)
Example for stopper events
e.g.: Halftime stopper
Here, we use 2 kinds of event type:
- End (reached stop at)
The first one track the elapsed minutes and the second one for hiding widgets at the end.
All the signals event look like this, just with other audio files.
If you set all of this properly and carefully your content is finally done.